CLX Logistics is a global provider of transportation management, technology, and supply chain consulting services. We utilize our Flexible Engagement Strategy to build a customized logistics solution that meets our clients’ corporate goals. We are expanding our Freight Brokerage business unit in 2018.
We are located in our modern and spacious headquarters in Blue Bell, PA (30 minutes outside of Philadelphia). We currently employ approximately 100 people and are a profitable privately-held company.
A Brokerage Account Manager is responsible for the following:
- Non-asset brokering of bulk, truckload and LTL in the US and potentially cross-border to Canada and Mexico.
- Identify, qualify and generate new business by adding and retaining clients to achieve set revenue and gross profit goals.
- Generate a minimum of $1M in non-asset sales annually, with at least 15% margin.
- Manage customers’ day-to-day shipping needs (dispatching), providing world-class customer service. “Cover own freight” with carriers.
- Maintain and expand relationships with carriers.
- Negotiate rates with carriers and customers.
- Maintain regular contact with existing customers to determine their short and long term shipping needs.
- Collaborate with other team members and manager to identify and close business opportunities.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, transportation / logistics or related field
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Understanding of transportation industry, with truckload brokerage knowledge preferred
- Comfort with commission-based pay structure
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and within team setting
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work from corporate office in Blue Bell, PA
Work with Alan Bean, SRI, directly.