Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Working under general supervision, the Desktop Support position is responsible for building images, confirmation of hardware and software testing, packaging and deployment of software and deploying computer systems, investigating, resolving, documenting and explaining desktop computer software and hardware problems, providing support to end users for all PC related hardware and software to ensure customer’s ability to perform daily workload and recommend system modifications and procedures to reduce user problems. Work independently, prioritize work efforts, multi-task in a very fast-paced environment, provide timely and clear updates, and communicate and document solutions for 2nd and 1st level support.
- Perform advanced error detection / troubleshooting – escalate to Manager if assistance is needed.
- Research problems find solutions and coordinate resolution with appropriate IT personnel.
- Develop and utilize procedures to document problems, recommend constructive improvements to procedures, and ensure updated procedures are written and followed.
- Assist in researching alternate approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied as necessary.
- Maintain highest level of technical skills in field of expertise.
- Create desktop/laptop build processes
- Perform software distribution for Windows PC’s, virtual devices and laptops
- Develop, organize, and maintain standard operational procedures
- Support users and systems while gathering data and performing analysis.
- Perform 3rd level support while identifying root causes and strategic solutions to problems
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Microsoft certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Microsoft solutions in a support capacity
- Excellent customer service and oral and written communication skills
- Advanced understanding of network and PC architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Advanced knowledge of help desk tracking & monitoring systems
- Advanced experience using remote desktop management tools and desktop imaging methodologies
- Experience with VPN and wireless technologies and LAN/WAN concepts
- Image creation/build, OS installation/troubleshooting, and application packaging
- Experience with Windows OSs, and various versions of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently without intensive oversight
- Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required)
- Focused on quality, organized, committed to continual improvement
- In depth knowledge of Windows OS
- In depth knowledge of Desktop Image Building and Deployment